Software Testing – SAQA 83026
About this course:
The purpose of this Qualification is to produce well trained people who can conduct a practical investigation to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the software product or service under test. It will provide learners with both theoretical and practical learning to develop their ability as software testers in the workplace. In essence, it will equip the learner with the ability to apply the software testing process of validating and verifying that a software programme/application/product:
- Meets the business and technical requirements that guided its design and development.
- Works as expected.
- Can be implemented with the same characteristics.
QUALIFICATION TITLE – National Certificate: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Software Testing
SAQA QUAL ID – 83026
QUALIFICATION TYPE – National Certificate
MIN CREDITS – 138
NQF LEVEL – 5
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
A learner will be able to
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the principles of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Evaluate requirements and requirement-based test design.
- Execute the testing process.
- Manage the testing process, execution and defect tracking.
- Conduct static testing
- Communications at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
A learner needs to be found competent in each of the Unit Standards in the qualification