Systems Support – SAQA 48573
About this course:
The purpose of this qualification may be stated as:
To develop learners with the requisite competencies against the skills profile for the systems support career path (The overarching aim being to develop a broader base of skilled ICT professionals to underpin economic growth)
The qualification may be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through learnerships. Acquiring the qualification through learnerships has the potential of addressing the problems of the past, where newly qualified people getting into the industry struggled to get employment, because they were required to have practical experience. The workplace experience can now be gained while acquiring the qualification through the various learnership schemes that are planning to use this qualification.
QUALIFICATION TITLE – National Certificate: Information Technology (Systems Support)
SAQA QUAL ID – 48573
QUALIFICATION TYPE – National Certificate
MIN CREDITS – 147
NQF LEVEL – 5
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
A learner will be able to
- Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organisation.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate basic application support skills
- Demonstrate operating system support skills
- Demonstrate network support skills
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions
- Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills
- Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT support
- Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team
- Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Support contextualised within a selected work area.
- Foundational skills in communication and mathematical literacy as required by NQF level 4 qualifications
A learner needs to be found competent in each of the Unit Standards in the qualification